Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a hot day

Thursday ,26th June 2008 - To say that this particular day was a hot day would be a grave understatement. It is on the days like this that bushfires start, the day when people die of heartstroke, the days you weren't at school. Oh well , the journey from TTS2 to my university i felt like i'd been walking in the desert for days. As every agonizing second crawled by a snails pace , i was getting thirstier and thirstier. My lips was dry , and my throat was sore and begging God just a single drop of anything.( but thx god i was accompanied by lawrence and kha chun )
About 15 minutes of walk under the hot sun we " almost reach the university " but before that there's a going up hill road. The part i felt like traversing through a corridor full of thick jelly, as if i was in slow motion, but i didnt stop. After reaching the top of it , i could feel the perspiration everywhere, like a fever that engulfs your whole body.
I kept going, and saw my own reflection in the metal of the sink. I could already taste that sweet life juice running down my throat and into my belly. I placed my hand on the little handle. I forced it down. The shooting water straight up at me was like heaven * ahleluya *

No comments: